- Counting down the days
- Packing up
- J18.1 Perth to Esperance
- J18.2 Esperance to Cocklebiddy
- J18.3 Cocklebiddy to Ceduna
- J18.4 Ceduna to Port Augusta
- J18.5 Port Augusta to Mount Gambier
- J18.6 Mount Gambier to Melbourne
- J18.7-16 Melbourne
- J18.17-18 Melbourne to Devonport
- J18.19 Devonport to Launceston
- J18.20 Ben Lomond & the Bay of Fires
- J18.21-22 Alum Cliffs, Cradle Mountain & Swansea
- J18.23-24 Douglas Apsley NP, Bicheno, Elephant Pass & Freycinet NP
- J18.25 Wineglass Bay & Hobart
- J18.26 Mt Wellington, Richmond & Carlton
- J18.27-29 MONA, Lake St Clair, Ferry, Yarra Valley & Victorian Alps
- J18.30 Falls Creek, Fainter Falls & Omeo.
- J18.31 The Grampians
- J18.32 Adelaide to Ceduna
- J18.33 Ceduna to Balladonia
- J18.34 Balladonia to Hopetoun
- J18.35 Hopetoun, Fitzgerald River NP & Perth
- J18: Post PolArt Depression Highlight Reel
‘Radelaide’ to Ceduna. That’s pretty much it for today, bye!
Ok there’s just a tiny bit more, but with a late-ish departure from Adelaide, I needed to head straight for Ceduna with just a fuel-stop in Port Augusta … and maybe a car wash as it was 42°C … and some fast food. Unfortunately there was no time to visit the Barossa Valley – famous for top-notch wines from this region – nor Streaky Bay and Smoky Bay just south of Ceduna, another excuse for a roadtrip in the near future!
With a quick selfie against the Big Galah in Kimba and a planned ice-cream stop in Wudinna, the rest of the drive was fairly smooth, with some heavy showers and winds the only exciting thing on the road.
Oh and just 3.5km outside of Ceduna (and an almost empty tank) my car’s trip-meter indicated that we had just passed 10,000km since leaving Perth on the 19th December 2015.
For the second time on this roadtrip, I’ve checked into the Ceduna Motor Inn, though this time I had just made it in time before kitchen had closed at 20:15 to enjoy a delicious chicken schnitzel with salad and chips, then a quick dash to the foreshore to enjoy the last light of the hot sunset set beneath the dark, heavy clouds that are forecast to bring storms, significant rainfall and possible hail tomorrow… looking forward to it!This entry was posted in Journey 18 ● PolArt 2015, Journeys