This post is part of a series called Journey 21 ● Europe 2017Show More Posts
- Counting down to Journey 21
- J21.1 Flying high
- J21.2 Relief
- J21.3 Awake
- J21.4 Techno Essentials
- J21.5 Farewell AMS
- J21.6 Copenhagen on two wheels
- J21.7 Reconnecting & Roskilde
- J21.8 Exploring the Parks
- J21.9 Århus Express
- J21.10 Lofoten Adventures
- J21.11 Å
- J21.12 Summer Stunners
- J21.13 Hairpins and Fjords
- J21.14 Trolltunga
- J21.15 Recovery
- J21.16 Back in Britain
- J21.17 Cocoon in the Park
- J21.18 No Fun
- J21.19 Faroe Islands
- J21.20 What am I doing.
- J21.21 Saksun
- J21.22 Gjógv & Klaksvík
- J21.23 Bøur, Leitisvatn & G! Festival
- Sleep-ins are great – same old news but I’m booking plenty of these in before I get to Poland, because sleep-ins are not recognised there!
- Hit the road again, this time to a little village I hard looks pretty neat and goes way back to the 1500s and legend has it that Vikings used to dock their boats in this gorge.
There’s also a simple little bench overlooking the amazing views named Mary’s Bench, so now more than two Australians have enjoyed the sights. Unfortunately I didn’t get serenaded.
- Quick tea and waffle from the village, served with a lovely smile and I was off to Klaksvík, the 2nd largest town in the Faroes and home of the Foroya Bjor Brewery!
Plus home to a new 2nd outlet of the Angus Steakhouse found in the capital, however I opted for the local Salmon and thick-cut chips…top choice!
- 75km drive back home with 2 brief stops for some drone fun and before you know it, 11pm.
To see the Instagram feed you need to add your own API Token to the Instagram Options page of our plugin.Oops, something is wrong. Instagram feed not loaded