- Last night was horrible to be honest! Major roadworks blocked the only road into Odda where I was to stay the night and being 1:30am already, I had to turn back 9km to the nearest harbour at Kinsarvik and sleep the night in the car, catching just 3hrs sleep and an early morning ferry to the other side.
- With the worst possible preparation for the most challenging day ahead, got a quick brekkie in Odda and began the 22km return hike to Trolltunga at Noon.
- For some reason I was under the impression that this was an 11km return hike… oops! The first/last 2km are truly brutal as suggested by the rumours. after that the following 9km each way wasn’t much easier, traversing through snow, large boulders and crossing muddy passes. A mentally challenging hike as it feels like it never ends, just have to keep pushing through the sore muscles.
- Once reaching the Trolll’s tongue and seeing the majesty of the fjord with your own eyes, there were tears of joy! A spectacular place in this beautiful part of Norway and luckily the queue to get that iconic shot on the tongue was only 15 minutes (can be upto 2hrs if there at noon). Enjoyed a potato salad with view and made sure to collect some fresh alpine water from the source just 1km from the tongue.
- The return 11km hike was at a blistering pace compared to the ascent and completed the circuit in 9h18m, faster than the 10hrs suggested though by the end of this hike, every fibre in my body was aching and never before had I looked forward to a shower and sleep like in this moment!
To see the Instagram feed you need to add your own API Token to the Instagram Options page of our plugin.Oops, something is wrong. Instagram feed not loaded